Stenhill Carp Fishery is a small family business run by Brian and Caroline Cox. The Devon located fishery has been running successfully for over 30 years as a private fishing club, but is now an exclusive unique luxury holiday retreat. We have a Fisheries Accreditation Scheme Gold Award for the management and care of the fishery, which has been complimented on by highly regarded members of the industry and anglers alike. Located in a rural idyllic location, only a couple of miles from the M5, we are ideally situated for the many attractions that the South West has to offer, including the historic cities of Exeter and Bristol, Wookey Hole caves, Cheddar Gorge and many more, giving non-angling members of the party something different to do.
There is just 1 luxury 2 bedroom lodge (sleeps 6) located on the 3 acre site, with private fishing in the superb well stocked lake. There is an abundance of wildlife that visit the lake and surrounding fields, including kingfishers, deer, kestrels, peregrines, woodpeckers, owls and the occasional swan.
Located in a rural location, but only a few miles from the M5, we are ideally situated for the many attractions that the South West has to offer.
Stenhill Carp Fishery provides a full induction upon arrival, which includes a walk around the fishery with tips on the best tactics and hot spots. We also show you how the appliances operate in the lodge, so you can relax and not worry about how to work the oven etc!
Stenhill Carp Fishery facilities include:[custom_list style=”list-11″]
- Luxury self catering lodge
- Fully fenced site with a locking gate and electronic security key entrance
- Secure parking for several vehicles next to the lodge
- Infra red CCTV coverage
- The whole site to yourself
- 24 hour fishing all year round
- Tackle and bait shop onsite (open on request)
- Stenhill Carp Fishery tuition available from Brian
- Tackle hire available
Unique Exclusive Fishing Experience
There is just a single luxury 2 bedroom lodge (sleeps 6) located on the 3 acre site, with private fishing for residents in the superb well stocked lake. The lake holds more than 100 specimen carp, stocked originally with the Leney strain, with close to half of the stock being 20lb+ in weight. We have also security chipped our stock so we can monitor their growth. The lake offers a highly realistic chance of catching a 30lb+ carp throughout the year. There are also roach to over 2lb and tench to double figures. We can also offer completely guaranteed all year round fishing thanks to the heated venturi aeration system that keeps most of the lake ice free in the coldest conditions!
Stenhill Carp Fishery has an abundance of wildlife visits the lake and surrounding fields, including kingfishers, deer, kestrels, peregrine falcons, woodpeckers, owls and the occasional swan, so quality wildlife photography is never far away.
Stenhill Carp Fishery provides a full induction upon arrival, which includes a walk around the fishery with tips on the best tactics and hot spots. We also show you how the appliances operate in the lodge, so you can relax and not worry about how to work the oven etc! We aim to give you a truly hassle free break so you can relax and enjoy your time away. A break at Stenhill Fishery is, in the words of some of our clients, “The Perfect Angling Holiday”.
Stenhill Carp Fishery
Our stock includes four known thirties to 33lb, approximately sixty twenties and eighty doubles. There are also Ghost Koi carp to 18lb 12oz, Tench to 10lb 5oz, Perch to 2lb 6oz and Roach to 2lb 13oz. Our catch reports speak for themselves!
There were over 200 twenty pound plus fish caught in 2012, plus a few thirties and lovely roach, rudd and ghost koi, including 41 personal bests.
The lake at stenhill carp fishery is 1.5 acres and has 2 islands with overhanging willow trees. There are fantastic tree lined margins with reed beds which are ideal for stalking carp.
Unlike other venues, you will have the whole lake to yourself (no day tickets), with freedom to fish where you want and no squabbling over swims!!* You can fish 24 hours a day, all year round. We guarantee fishing even when other lakes are frozen, due to our new heated aeration system. The picture shows the effect of the “heat wave” after a night when temperatures went down to -9.
We pride ourselves on fish care and have received a gold award from the Fisheries Accreditation Scheme. This means that we have met the highest standards in areas such as habitat, quality, fish health and protection from predators.
Brian will be available to give tuition** to ensure you catch as many fish as possible during your stay. Brian has 35 years experience of match and specimen carp fishing. He also knows the lake extremely well, having fished there for 30 years!
There is a tackle and bait shop onsite to cater for all of your needs. We stock Marukyu bait, Mainline bait, Solar, JRC, Shakespeare, Abu Garcia, Berkley, Nash Tackle, Korda, Gardener, Enterprise Tackle, Sticky baits, Carp linq.
Stenhill Carp Fishery Accommodation
A luxury custom built self catering Pathfinder 2 bedroom lodge sleeps six comprising:[custom_list style=”list-11″]
- 1 bedroom with king size bed, 32″ Freesat flat screen TV, DVD player, hair dryer and en suite shower room.
- 1 twin bedroom which can be made to a super king bed if required. Hair dryer included.
- Lounge sofa bed.
- Bathroom with whirlpool bath
- Large living area with French doors opening towards the lake.
- 42″ Freesat flat screen TV, cd/dvd player and sound system in lounge
- Fully equipped kitchen with fridge freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher and washer/dryer
- Central heating throughout. •Linen and towels included
- Outside furnished decking area overlooking the lake.
- Eco friendly with solar PV and solar thermal
We are located in Mid Devon, close to the town of Cullompton.
Only 10 minutes from Tiverton Parkway train station, 20 minutes from Exeter, 25 minutes from Taunton, 50 minutes from Plymouth, 60 minutes from North Devon and 90 minutes from the heart of Cornwall.
From the South West:
Leave the M5 at junction 28. Take the 5th exit (right) at the roundabout, signed Honiton A373. Cross over the motorway, then take the 1st left, signposted Bradfield/Croyle. Follow the road for approximately 2 miles. After passing a farm on the right, travel downhill and Stenhill Fishery is located on the right.
From the North:
Leave the M5 at junction 28. Turn left at the top of the slip road, signed Honiton A373. Then, take the next left (approx 50 metres), signposted Bradfield/Croyle. Follow the road for approximately 2 miles. After passing a farm on the right, travel downhill and Stenhill Fishery is located on the right.
From the South East:
Either take the A358 to join the M5 then follow North directions, or exit the A30 at Honiton and take the A373 signposted Cullompton. Follow this road for approximately 10 miles. After passing through the village of Stoneyford, take the right turn signposted Bradfield/Croyle. Follow the road for approximately 2 miles. After passing a farm on the right, travel downhill and Stenhill Fishery is located on the right.
For Sat Navs:
The post code is EX15 2RA, although beware this may take you via some very narrow country roads and not take you to the entrance of Stenhill Fishery.
- Are there other guests on the site? No, you have the whole site to yourself with exclusive access to the lake for fishing.
- How many swims are there? There are 4 swims around the 1.5 acre lake, so we can only accommodate a maximum of 4 anglers with 3 rods each
- Are pets allowed? Regrettably, we cannot have any pets on the site.
- What is the check in procedure? Check in time is from 4pm-6pm. If arriving after 6pm please let us know, as a different check in procedure will be used.
- What time is check out? Check out is by 10:30am.
- Do you have variable start dates? Holidays normally run from Saturday to Saturday, with short breaks midweek where available. However, depending on availability, other days may be possible. Please contact us to discuss options.
- Are linen and towels included? Yes
- Are electricity and heating included in the price? Yes
- Is washing up liquid provided? Yes. 2 dish washer tablets will also be provided for a 1 week holiday.
- Is washing powder provided for the washing machine? No, as people have different preferences. Please bring your own powder if you intend to use the washing machine.
- Are children allowed? Yes, but they must be accompanied at all times due to the unfenced lake. The fishing is not suitable for children under the age of 13, due to the size of the carp.
- Are cots and high chairs available? Yes, one cot and a high chair can be hired for a small fee. The cot is only suitable for children under 2 and may have to be used in the living area.
- Is it suitable for a disabled person? There is no wheelchair access as there are steps to the lodge. The grounds themselves are undulating in places and can become muddy when very wet. There are no disabled fishing swims at present.
- Is smoking allowed? No smoking in the lodge and on the decking.
- Do I have to book 3 or 7 nights? No, we can accommodate any number of nights, with extra nights at 1/7 weekly price per additional night.
- Can I extend my holiday? Yes, subject to availability, holidays can be extended at a pro rata rate.
- How do I book? Phone us on either 01884 33707 or 07719 961293.
- What forms of payment do you accept? At the moment, we can only accept cheques, but we are hoping to have a debit/credit card facility in the near future.
- Is there a mobile signal? Yes, there is a good mobile signal on all networks, but there is no 3G.
- Is there internet access? There is limited access with a modern mobile broadband dongle although this cannot be guaranteed.
- What are your booking conditions? Visit our Terms and Conditions page for full details.
- Can I hire fishing tackle? Yes, a variety of tackle is available. Prices variable depending on how much you require. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Is fishing tuition available? Yes, at £10/hour. Please book this when booking your holiday, although exact times can be arranged nearer to your holiday.
Little Coombe, Old Village
EX15 2RH, UK
Tel: +44(0)1884 33707
Mob: 07719 961293